Pete's Place, the first and only youth shelter in lower Northern Michigan, opened in 2007. The shelter is for youth ages 14-17 who find themselves on the streets and have no safe, supportive place to seek shelter and assistance. We are here to help.
Pete's Place can provide a safe place to go while you try to work things out at home or figure out what's next. Our shelter is voluntary and free (financial need is never asked) for any youth in crisis ages 14-17, both female and male, and their children. Pete's Place, which is connected to the Goodwill Inn Shelter, is run by Third Level's great staff that's well-trained, caring, and non judgmental.
Since Pete's Place opened in 2007, your contributions have helped nearly 200 youth (and counting!) a safe and supportive place to stay. Our highly trained counselors have successfully reunited more than 96% of these youth with their families
Pete’s Place—where our community’s vulnerable youth can find shelter, food, clothing, and a chance to succeed!
Purpose of Pete's
- Provide safe alternative shelter for youth in crisis
- Reunite and/or strengthen families.
- Provide individual and family counseling, outreach, advocacy and referrals
- Enhance the lives of youth and families in crisis in our community by providing and advocating for services.
- Provide opportunities for change that will lead to emotional and economic self sufficiency and positive participation in society.
Goals of Pete's Place:
- Provide immediate shelter for young people age 14-17
- Provide counseling to youth and families who are in crisis
- Reconcile families where possible or seek suitable alternatives when necessary.
- Provide counseling services in both residential and non-residential formats.
- Incorporate education plans into daily activities of Pete’s Place.
- Inform the community of the availability of services provided by Pete’s Place and Third Level Crisis Intervention Center.
- Establish relationships with the Homeless Liaisons in the district.
- Provide community education presentations to community groups with a focus on at risk, homeless, runaway and street youth.